This gas safety assessment is designed to test the gas safety competency of an engineer in MET1. Training and assessment is carried out to Test competencies in the installation, commissioning, exchange and removal of domestic gas meters.
Range of domestic gas meters covered – Primary or secondary meters of capacity up to and including 6 m3 /h. Operatives installing meters with a higher supply pressure, between 75 mbar – 2 bar, will additionally require the REGT1 assessment.
MET1 training will often be done as part of a package alongside your CCN1 domestic ACS gas qualification. Common add-ons alongside MET1 include:
• CCN1 – Domestic core gas safety
• CKR1 – Domestic Gas Cooking Appliances
• HTR1 – Domestic Space Heaters (including Gas Fires and Wall Heaters)
• DAH1 – Domestic warm air heaters
• REGT1 – Domestic medium pressure gas meter regulators
• CPA1 – Combustion performance
• CMDDA – C0/C02 Atmosphere and appliance testing
Commercial/industrial engineers can undertake MET1 ACS, without the need for CCN1, but only if they encounter domestic-sized appliances within non-domestic premises.